Saturday, April 22, 2006

some new characters...

Well, back again after a few weeks. Have I already said I'm not blogger material? Whatever. So. Let me catch-up a bit. I've done a few paintings in the past using an old cartoon character named Bosko-he's a contemporary of the original Mickey Mouse-and was created by ex-Disney animators Hugh Harman and Rudolf Ising around 1930. So I like him 'cuz he's like Mickey-but Mickey is so done, y'know? Anyway, one day I pictured Bosko telling me I was a loser-in a playful way-so this was the result;
So then I thought I'd love to do some more "Losers"-so I began several more-more or less of my own creation. I'm still working on them, but concurrently, I started a triptych based on an Indian graphic, a Chinese firecracker label, and a Japanese candy wrapper, (two of the panels are in this next picture) and then, before finishing that-I started a small figuritive picture that finally sees me trying to incorparate collage elements-(oh, as always, click to enlarge)

Here's the almost finished triptych-which might be called "HappyLuckyFun", along with more little Losers and another character picture I'm working on-the red one tentitively titled "Trust"-
And now here's the finished collage piece, maybe it's called "Happy Day"-

And here's what the studio is looking like as I write this-I've got two new character pieces started, "So Misunderstood" and hmm, not sure what to call the busier one, I'll get back to you on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home