Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Studio View-Six Weeks Before June Show

Well, It's getting towards crunch time here in the 'ol studio...Lisa and my show in Oakland is less than six weeks away. Still tons to do, but here's a couple of progress shots, including one I started last night, still in it's tracing-paper stage. (click to enlarge)-the three stacked in the middle are still unfinished-and then my new piece on the easel, still in it's infancy.
This shows a bit of my process. I do a small sketch and then transfer it roughly onto tracing paper that I tape over my primed panel. I overlay other bits of tracing paper and play with my composition -like the cat here-and then block in my background in paint, and then finally transfer the foreground figures. On the floor is another new start that I've only begun to paint.
Some of these you've seen here, the two on the left are unfinished, as is my new version of "Cherry Graffiti" above the anime Morton-Salt girl.

4 Comments:

Blogger song of the selkie said...

good gravy these are adorable tony! i think i might need one of the smaller ones for my kitchen but i doubt i can afford it...

7:46 AM  
Blogger tony S said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:08 PM  
Blogger tony S said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:08 PM  
Blogger tony S said...

Thanx Amy.
And I'm very open to easy-payment plans!
Hope you can make it to the show.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home